- Eurofins GENOMA Group srl, Via di Castel Giubileo, 11 00138 Roma
- Molecular Genetics Laboratories
- CEO and Lab Director
Education & Training
- 1995 - Graduate school: graduated as specialist in Microbiology, University of MESSINA - ITALY
- 1993 - Became member of the Biologists Association in Italy
- 1992 - Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Biology, Graduated at University of MESSINA - ITALY
Dr. Fiorentino is author of more than 50 peer-review papers and book chapters in reproductive and prenatal genetics, and is regularly invited to speak at national and international conferences.
Honors & Recognitions
- Dr. Fiorentino has worked in the field of molecular genetics for 25+ years and has been involved in both laboratory and clinical management for 20+ years.
- Dr. Fiorentino is actively involved in the field of reproductive genetics since over two decades, specifically in Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (PGD) and the study of human oocytes and embryos. His laboratory has a strong translational emphasis and is actively involved in the development of new techniques for improving the success rates of in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment.
- Dr. Fiorentino is member of several scientific societies, such as the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE). He is currently co-ordinator at the ESHRE SIG Reproductive genetics.
- Dr. Fiorentino has served as member on a number of international committees including the ESHRE PGD Consortium Steering Committee as well as the Steering Committee for External Quality Assessment through UK NEQAS.
- Dr. Fiorentino was also involved in the publication of the ESHRE PGD consortium best practice guidelines for amplification-based PGD (Harton et al., 2011) and for PGD of cystic fibrosis (Girardet et al., 2015), and in the organization of EQA through UK NEQAS (Deans et al., 2013).